The first question in the quiz here is about habits and addiction. You need to fill in the gaps with the correct word. Be careful of the prepositions that follow and the different forms of the same verb.
Context is important!
Then there is a listening, where people speak about their habits in the past, so you can practice the use of Used To and Would.
0 of 3 questions completed
Answer the questions by entering the correct option, and then according to the listening.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 3 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Question 1 of 3
Fill the gaps in this text. Use each of these once:
gave up — addict — addiction — willpower — quit — determination — addicted — cut down — dependent
- My job is quite stressful, and you need a lot of (determination) to succeed. I often work late hours, and the coffee and cigarettes help to keep me awake. I know I should (quit) smoking but I've got very little (willpower). I (gave up) three years ago, but a week later I started again. I'm probably a bit (dependent) on cigarettes, and that worries me. I think I've got a bit of a coffee (addiction) too, I drink it all the time. I love the taste though, so I don't even want to (cut down) on that. The only other thing I'm (addicted) to is the Internet. It fascinates me. I'm a real Web (addict)!
Question 2 of 3
Listen to four people talk about their addictions and habits. Match the addiction to the speaker number.
- The Internet
Question 3 of 3
Listen to four people talk about their addictions and habits. Fill in the gaps in the sentences.
Correct 8 / 8PointsIncorrect / 8 Points
- I (used to live alone) and I, uh, got into the habit of eating chocolate.
- Then I found I was eating more and more - you know, (I'd have, I would have) some chocolate before meals, after meals, and sometimes even during meals.
- (I'd often read, I would often read) three books a week.
- Now I (usually) spend fours hours a night on the Net.
- When I was at school (I didn't use to) do much sport.
- (I'd often get, I would often get) my mother to give me a sick note...
4. - Smoking (used to be) quite acceptable. - (Did you use to) smoke?